McMaster University Job Application Process
You can get the chance to work at McMaster University by applying online. Below, you can find the detailed information about the hiring process of McMaster University which offers entry-level and managerial positions.
McMaster University (commonly referred to as McMaster or Mac) is a public research university in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The main McMaster campus is on 121 hectares (300 acres) of land near the residential neighbourhoods of Ainslie Wood and Westdale, adjacent to the Royal Botanical Gardens. It operates six academic faculties: the DeGroote School of Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Social Science, and Science. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada.
Apply Online McMaster University Jobs
You can be a member of McMaster University family by completing the hiring process which is explained below. In order to finish the application process, you can use the link provided below to access to the online application page where you can find out more about the position for which you want to apply.
In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and LGBTQ+ persons.
- Staff and Students
The Medical Secretary is responsible for establishing priorities for office operations and performing a variety of secretarial and administrative duties within a clinical or medical practice setting.
Purpose and Key Functions:
- Prepare, coordinate, and monitor physician on-call schedules, procedure schedules, clinics, and medical staff rounds.
- Write a variety of documents including correspondence, reports and meeting minutes.
- Schedule patient medical appointments and procedures.
- Coordinate calendars, arrange meetings, book rooms and make travel arrangements.
- Resolve scheduling and calendar issues, complaints, and conflicts.
- Use a dictaphone to transcribe a variety of documents and reports including minutes, patient files, medical reports, and manuscripts.
- Write a variety of formal notes and records such as meeting minutes.
- Monitor budgets and reconcile accounts. Complete financial forms including travel expense reports, electronic cheque requisitions, purchase orders and journal entries.
- Process and reconcile clinical and third party service billings.
- Greet visitors, answer or redirect general inquiries in person, by telephone and via email and respond independently to inquiries that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Interact with patients and their family members who may be experiencing emotional or difficult situations.
- Ensure patients understand all instructions given to them for tests and medical procedures.
- Gather and compile information required for a variety of grant submissions and reports.
- Facilitate the collection of signatures required on grant applications and agreements.
- Conduct database, literature and web searches to locate and retrieve documents and articles.
- Prepare and book exam rooms ensure all materials are stocked, stored, and organized accordingly.
- Set up and maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Update and maintain information in a variety of databases.
- Update and maintain confidential files and records. Handle sensitive material in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- File, retrieve, and purge files.
- Monitor and order office supplies.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Assemble, collate, and disseminate mailings.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and faxes, and arrange courier shipments.
- Remain current with relevant medical terminology
McMaster University is devoted to the cultivation of human potential, realized through our innovative educational programs, cutting-edge research, and the diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, friends, and supporters who make up our McMaster community.
We recognize that our people are our most valuable resource. We encourage creativity, collaboration and lifelong learning, offering experiential programming which enables individuals to develop their abilities and potential for personal and professional growth.
For those exploring the possibility of joining our community, we invite you to research and discover the various opportunities available, and thank you for your interest.
Welcome to McMaster!
Dr. Patrick Deane, President and Vice-Chancellor
Here you will find a community of talented and engaged individuals who are inspired by the University’s mission and the sense of purpose this mission brings. It is through these talented invididuals, their creativity and drive for results that McMaster University has earned its reputation as being Canada’s “most innovative” university.
A Brief History
McMaster University values integrity, quality, inclusiveness, and teamwork in everything we do. We strive to hire individuals who embrace these values and to ensure all employees feel welcomed and included in our shared purpose. Whether it’s our United Way campaign, the Annual Children’s Holiday Party, or the national Take Our Kids to Work Day program, employees can get engaged with the community through numerous worthwhile volunteer and committee activities. If you want to get involved, or better yet, start a new event yourself, we’ve got something to offer. There are also sporting and cultural events – everything from theatre productions to Marauder basketball and football games – which are organized for employees and their families.
Rewards and Benefits
McMaster offers a competitive suite of compensation strategies and prerequisites, benefits and pensions. We understand the importance of our employees’ hard work and contributions and we provide opportunities for the community to notice and appreciate this work through initiatives like the Years of Service program and the President’s Awards for Outstanding Service.
Quality of Life
At McMaster, we understand the challenges people face when trying to manage the demands of work and personal life. McMaster supports employees by offering a series of programmes through the Healthy Workplace initiatives and setting high standards in environmental and occupational healthy and safety.
Growing Our Potential
McMaster supports and actively creates opportunities for employee career growth and professional development. We pride ourselves in the quality and variety of our professional development programs offered by the Centre for Continuing Education and the McMaster Institute for Innovation and Excellence in Teaching and Learning (MIIETL), which engages students and partners in teaching and learning. The DeGroote School of Business also offers a real-world Executive Education program for learning, networking, and career advancement at all levels.
McMaster’s Hamilton location is ideal in many ways. The vibrant City of Hamilton’s top-notch public services and facilities, combined with its rich culture and beautiful surroundings, make it a great place to work and live. Our campus is nestled between Westdale Village and Dundas Valley, ideal for shopping and dining. Situated at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment, Hamilton is also less than an hour trip by bus, train, or car to Toronto, and boasts world-class conservation areas, cycling routes, and the largest number of water falls of any city in North America.
McMaster University Application Form/PDF
You can check whether there is printable application form available for McMaster University and you can download it if there is one. You can either submit the application form in person or you can send it via email.
How to Apply for McMaster University Jobs;