Shoppers Drug Mart Jobs
The Canadian retail pharmacy chain Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. It has over 1,300 locations throughout nine provinces and two territories. In 1962, pharmacist Murray Koffler founded the company; the Koffler family still owns the Super-Pharm pharmacy, which has locations in Israel, Poland, and formerly China (as Ensure from 2005 to 2011). The logo of Super-Pharm resembles that of Shoppers Drug Mart, which was designed by Sylvain Liu. It also utilizes similar private-label brands, including Life Brand and Quo. In 2014, Loblaw Companies Limited of Brampton, Ontario acquired Shoppers Drug Mart for $12.4 billion in cash and stock. By the beginning of 2016, Shoppers had over 1,300 locations across Canada.
Apply Online Shoppers Drug Mart Jobs
The basic duty of a pharmacist is to check prescriptions from physicians before dispensing the medication to the patients to ensure that the patients don’t receive the wrong drugs or take an incorrect dose of medicine.
A typical day can involve checking and dispensing medication, compounding medication, communicating with physicians, providing patients with pharmaceutical information, providing patients with health advice, explaining the proper use of medication, supervising staff/pharmacy technicians, etc.
To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, to assist as needed in the delivery of pharmacy services, to participate in the maintenance and operations of the pharmacy as outlined in the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant customer service.
- Provide support and assistance to the Pharmacist(s) as needed, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the relationship between the Pharmacist and the customer.
- Always maintain a professional appearance (dress code) and demeanor.
- Promote marketing programs as needed and appropriate
- Read and act upon/implement frequently viewed communication vehicles (e.g. Communication Binder, Communication Board)
- Ensure knowledge of Pharmacy System
- Adhere to all legal requirements, including provincial and federal regulations and bylaws, as well as Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacist direction.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures for loss prevention
- Maintaining workplace cleanliness in accordance with 5s principles
To assist with the technical functions of dispensing prescriptions, assist as appropriate in the delivery of pharmacy services and participate in the maintenance and operations of the Pharmacy as described by the Pharmacy Standards of Practice, and to provide superior, timely, and pleasant service to customers.
- checking prescriptions for accuracy,
- counseling on prescription medications,
- OTC counseling,
- health management consulting,
- participation in SDM programs including cognitive/enhanced services as these programs may evolve
- over time and as required by the business,
- collaboration with pharmacy assistant to accurately dispense prescription medications.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Diploma from a Pharmacy Assistant credited course preferred
- Previous Pharmacy Experience preferred
- Retail Experience an Asset
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building customer loyalty
- Effective communication skills
- MS Office
- Effective organizational skills, ability to multi task
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
If advising on products, application, and new trends excites you, our Beauty Specialists assist customers daily in selecting the best products and services. In this position, you will maximize sales of beauty products and services by providing information, advice, application, and instructions, while achieving sales and customer service excellence.
The ideal Beauty Professional will:
- Determine the needs of customers and sell through demonstration and education; Assisting clients with makeup applications, skin care consultations, and fragrance demonstrations.
- Have a “selling is fun” mentality.
- Promote beauty product sales; provide information about new or existing products and services; conduct product demonstrations.
- Motivating customers to join the PC Optimum program and other promotions
- Introduce and advertise Shoppers Beauty to customers online.
- Ensure that applicable sales are tracked and daily goals are met.
- Seeks out development opportunities, such as workshops and educational sessions, to maintain product knowledge; Participate in workshop/education sessions and learn through other online offerings, such as
- The Academy, vendor schools, YouTube, etc., to maintain current product knowledge.
- Builds customer loyalty through repeat business and follow-up
- Actively utilize eClienteling to provide superior customer service and maximize sales, and to assist the department in achieving its eClienteling metric goals.
- Promote and book appointments for in-store events actively.
- Includes clean and complete image guidelines, uniform as outlined in Store Standards with name badge, and full make-up while wearing only cosmetic and fragrance brands that Shoppers Drug Mart Associates sell.
What you Bring:
- Proven consulting skills to provide customers with information, advice, and direction regarding Shoppers Drug Mart Associate’s beauty products and services.
- Successful selling experience with a track record
- Capability to conduct seated makeup and skincare consultations, as well as demonstrate application techniques.
- Strong communication skills required for making presentations and instructing individuals and groups on cosmetics use.
- Dedication to providing superior customer service
- On time and dependable
- Learning and implementing the daily use of in-store tools and applications with ease (ex: iPad, derm tools)
Key responsibilities of a Cashier include:
- Maintain the customer service and checkout area for prompt and accurate processing of the
- customer’s order;
- Merchandise and maintain designated areas;
- ensure loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to guidelines
Front Store Supervisor:
Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising.
- Ensures standards of housekeeping and store image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements: supervises employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consults employees and provides feedback to management, cooperates with
- Health and Safety committee or representative, holds accountable any employees reporting to them.
- May be asked to perform clerical and banking duties
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cashier duties when necessary
- Runs the end of day for the POS system
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as per key holder duties (as required)
How to apply for Shoppers Drug Mart jobs;
Shoppers Drug Mart Job Application Form/PDF
Shoppers Drug Mart has two ways of recruiting staff. The first of these is the application you will make by completing the Shoppers Drug Mart Job Application form on its career site. There is usually an online form here or your CV is expected to be sent. In addition, you can apply for a job with your CV or the Shoppers Drug Mart application form, by going to the nearest Shoppers Drug Mart branch, meeting with the managers in charge, to find out if there is a possible job recruitment.
Benefits of Working at Shoppers Drug Mart:
Multiple packages available for insurances including dental coverage, prescription coverage, lenses, and much more. Other benefits include employee only events and outside cooperation with other facilities like gyms. 30% discount at Shoppers.
How much do shoppers associates make?
Shoppers also provides services, such as operational support and marketing, to help associates. Associates are guaranteed a minimum level of earnings, at $120,000 annually, plus additional earnings depending on store performance, according to Shoppers’ website.
How much does Shoppers Drug Mart pay pharmacy assistants?
The typical Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Assistant salary is $15. Pharmacy Assistant salaries at Shoppers Drug Mart can range from $12 – $19.
-What age do you have to be to work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
What should I wear to an interview at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Business-casual apparel, such as dress pants or skirts with tasteful blouses for females and khakis or dress pants with button-down shirts for males, indicates competence and maturity and remains ideal for most job interviews in retail settings, as is the case with Shoppers Drug Mart.
-Do Shoppers Drug Mart employees get a discount?
You get 30% off regular retail pricing in their Purchase Discount Program (PDP) for employees, but often there are sale prices that are even better than the PDP discount. The employee discount is a great benefit in working at Shoppers